We, Us, Ourselves Charles Knight Security
Takeover Takeover the maintenance of a third party installed system
Normal working hours Monday ñ Friday 08:00-17:00 except Bank Holidays
Keyholder A person or company nominated by you to be contacted in the event of an activation.
You The person/company detailed in section one.
Once you have signed this agreement the following will apply:
1. You will legally have to keep to its terms. You should read it carefully before signing. If there is anything which you do not understand, please ask before you sign.
2. You have confirmed that you have read the terms and conditions in this document which are part of this agreement
3. You have acknowledged that your details (and those of your Keyholders) may be held on police, fire or other authority computer files under the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You must tell us of any changes in such details immediately.
4. Please note that the application for monitoring your system is a third party offering, for which Square One Facilities accept no liability.
5. You understand that Broadband internet supply or telephone line is required at the premises for the alarm systemís communication to work, if you have purchased a connected device.
6. You are responsible for the charges on the front of this agreement. The charges exclude VAT, which is payable by you and will be detailed on the invoice. All rates are subject to review annually and any increases will be communicated to you in writing. We will tell you in writing of the increased amount which will take effect from the anniversary of the start date.
Square One Facilities Services is not and cannot be an insurer of you, your premises and its contents and our charges are in no way related to their value. Furthermore, we limit the amount of our liability and the most we will be prepared to pay in aggregate for loss caused by Square One Facilities Serviceís negligence (except where our negligence results in causing death or personal injury) is £250,000 and the most we will be prepared to pay in aggregate for other loss is £50,000.
1. For new systems, we agree to sell the System to you and to install it.
2. For preexisting systems, not installed by ourselves at your Premises: unless you tell us otherwise, we assume that the System, and the wiring and cabling associated with it, already comply with the relevant standards and are in full working order.
i. We will undertake a full inspection of your existing system and provide quote to repair, reinstate or reconnect any parts of the System which are not in full working order. This cost would be explained to you and charged according to our agreed call out rates.
ii. If an initial test is not carried out, we would not be able to confirm that all parts of the System are in full working order. we will not be able to confirm that cables and wiring which have been installed within the fabric of the Premises, or buried underground, conform to the relevant standards.
iii. All fire systems would require a full inspection at the outset (takeover) to understand the condition the System is in. Subsequent visits would be inspected on a pre-agreed percentage; as a result, all parts of a fire System may not be inspected until 12 months have elapsed from the start date.
iv. Routine inspections will be carried out between the hours of 08:00 ñ 17:00.
v. We will repair the System during Normal Working Hours with your agreement. You will only be charged for visits not covered by your maintenance agreement as set out in the maintenance section on page one. Where no cover is in place, we will request a call out charge upfront and invoice for the any additional time on site after as per our call out rates.
1. Where monitoring service is provided you will need to ensure that approval from the police, fire service or any other authority is in place to allow us to provide the service.
2. You must provide the authorities with any information they request to facilitate the monitoring and update us whenever there is any change.
3. Access to your premises will be required to allow us to carry out the servicing and of your system, you should provide access and a suitably responsible person to be available whilst we are onsite.
4. You are required to make every effort to ensure a safe working environment for our technicians. You must move any ceiling tiles, materials and any other items obstructing the work area and systems.
5. You shall ensure that the lighting is safe and adequate to facilitate the engineerís completion of works.
6. Where access equipment such as hoists, scissor lifts, scaffolding is required you would need to make payment for this.
7. You will provide and maintain a dedicated 20 volt unswitched power supply to each part of the system and sound earthing connection to allow us to carry out the works. This installation must meet all the relevant standards and installed by an approved electrician.
8. You will operate the system in accordance with the manufacturers handbooks and as instructed following takeover or installation.
9. Where we incur claims or liabilities due to misuse or damage caused by you or a third party you will compensate us for any losses or expenses encountered on account of that fact.
10. You will update the logbook where issued to you to detail any activations and events including false alarms.
11. You will not tamper with the system or attempt to repair the system without consent.
One year Guarantee
1. Where a system has been installed by ourselves we guarantee that we will repair faults and replace parts in the system free of charge during the first 12 months from the start date.
2. This guarantee does not cover you for breakdown as a result of acts of nature, vandalism or due to improper use. Should this arise you would be responsible for the call out and parts to rectify the system.
Payments and charges
1. As part of your agreement you will be required to pay for:
a. Taxes, fees, charges or false alarm assessments set by the police, fire or other authority due to the installation or operation of the System
b. Any visits requested outside normal working hours would be charged at our agreed rates and will be communicated by our engineers or employees of Square One Facilities Services.
c. Any telephony charges associated with the operation of your system at your premises.
d. Where access has been denied following an agreed appointment and a repeat visit is necessary and you fail to notify us and you donít have an ongoing maintenance agreement with us.
1. Based on your service level agreement you will be entitled to a variable number of visits annually.
2. Where you have used all the allotted visits of those allocated to you based on your service level a call out charge would be applicable and this must be paid prior to attendance to site or to the engineer on arrival.
3. To terminate this agreement, you simply need to provide written notification by email or letter giving four weeksí notice.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Competition begins at 00:01 on 28/07/2018 (the “Start Date”). The
Competition closes at 23:59 on 12th August 2018(the “End Date”).
1. The Competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18 who are
resident in London except employees of Charles Knight Security, its agents,
contractors and their family members.
2. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
3. By uploading your Entry, you understand that you are entering the Competition
and agree to these Competition rules (the “Rules”). We retain the right to
exclude any Entry from the Competition at any time if they have a reason to
believe that the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
4. Copyright in all Entries submitted for this Competition remains with the
respective entrants. However, entrants agree that by submitting an Entry to
the Competition, they grant us free, perpetual irrevocable worldwide licence to
use and republish their Entry. This includes sharing the entry through social
media and publication worldwide in any of their publications, their websites
and/or in any promotional material.
5. The winner will be notified by telephone or email on or before 19th August
6. The winner will be selected at random from a ballot which comprises all the
7. The prize package includes a Hikvision WIFI Doorbell and installation at your
place of residence (the “Prize Package”).
8. All Entries must be submitted by the original writer of the Entry.
9. The winner may be required to participate in publicity which may include
having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes.
10. All Entries considered inappropriate or offensive by us (Square One Facilities
Services) and Charles Knight Security will be disqualified.
11. The winner will be notified using the contact information submitted when
uploading their Entry. The winner may be asked to provide identification. Any
winner who is not contactable or who fails to return contact within 48 hours of
notification after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be
disqualified, they thereby forfeit their right to the prize, no compensation will
be given and a reserve entrant will be selected as an alternative winner.
12. The names of the winner will be published on our website.
13. Charles Knight’s selection of the winner is final and binding on the entrants.
No correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Prize Package is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
15. We accept no liability for any loss or damage howsoever caused, including but
not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage or personal injury (with
the exception of death or personal injury caused by Square One Facilities
Services or Charles Knight Security) suffered or sustained in connection with
the Prize Package.
16. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute
the Prize Package for an alternative of equal or greater value.
17. This Competition and the Rules shall be governed by the laws of England and
Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. By entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the processing of their
personal data by Square One Facilities Services Ltd & Charles Knight Security
for the purposes of administration of this Competition.
19. On acceptance of this prize, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the
above terms and conditions